- Vault VPN is committed to protecting your privacy. Our guiding principle toward data collection is to
collect only the minimal data required to operate a world-class VPN service at scale. We want you to
understand what information we collect, what we don't collect, and how we collect, use, and store
information. We do not collect logs of your activity, including no logging of browsing history, traffic
destination, data content, or DNS queries. We also never store connection logs, i.e., no logs of your IP
address, your outgoing VPN IP address, connection timestamp, or session duration. We designed our systems
not to have sensitive data about you; even when compelled, we cannot provide data that we do not possess.
collect, use, and share information in connection with your use of our websites , services, and applications
may process when using our Services.
1. (USER-CONTROLLED OPTION): PERSONAL INFORMATION
- When you open the APP seeking for our VPN services, the APP assigns a unique identifier to you for the
service (such unique identifier just binds up with your device identification code, but does not tie to any
other personal information of users). When you use the VPN services, we will check your account information
through this unique identifier to determine the level of service you have signed up for before establishing
your VPN connection.
- If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email
address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other
information you may choose to provide. We may also receive a confirmation when you open an email from us.
2. SERVICE INFORMATION RELATED TO YOUR VPN USAGE
- Subject to applicable laws and for the avoidance to infringe any internet service provider, any browsing
information, traffic destination, data content, IP addresses, DNS queries or other similar information
relating to your online activities transmitted by you to our servers is encrypted and cleared after the VPN
"session" is closed. That said, we don't collect any information regarding the websites you visit or any
data stored on or transmitted from your device, including any data that applications on your device may
transmit through the VPN network. More specifically, Vault VPN has NO documents/information below under the
situations of the limited connecting with your personal information and the non-collection of the websites
you visit or any data stored on or transmitted from your device:
- - We do not know which user ever accessed a particular website or service.
- - We do not know which user was connected to the VPN at a specific time.
- - We do not know the set of original IP addresses of a user's computer or the temporarily assigned network
- If anyone would like to access to or try to compel Vault VPN to release user information based on any of
the above, we cannot supply this information because the data don't exist.
- For the purpose to fulfill our contractual obligations in good faith and to make you enjoy excellent VPN
services, we collect the following information related to your VPN usage:
Information related to Apps and Apps versions
- We collect information related to which Apps and Apps version(s) you have activated. It makes our Support
Team efficiently find out and eliminate technical issues for you.
Information related to Connection
- We collect information about whether a VPN connection is successful on a particular day (but not a
specific time of the day), to which VPN location (but not your assigned outgoing IP address), and from which
country/ISP (but not your source IP address). The minimal information allows us to provide efficient
technical support to you, such as identifying connection problems, providing country-specific advice about
how to use our VPN services, and to enable our engineers to identify and fix network issues.
Anonymous Data for Network Diagnostics, Study and Analysis
- When you become one of our users for the VPN services, with your permission, we collect minimal usage
statistics and anonymized analytics data used for network diagnostics in our network operations tools, for
the purpose to optimize network speeds and to let us identify problems related to specific apps, VPN
servers, or ISPs. Learning and analyzing the statistics allows us to improve the quality of the services and
the products. We ensure the information we receive is fully anonymized and cannot be tied back to individual
users (i.e., we do not store which user sent which data, and we do not store IP addresses).
- We will collect the following information:
- - Diagnostic information about if and how a VPN connection attempt failed.
- - Speed test data.
- - Crash reports, also without any personally identifiable information. These are handled in an anonymized
form by third parties, dependent on the platform you are using.
- We collect minimal usage statistics to maintain our quality of service. Although we provide service to
users improving the network speed, we can't uniquely identify any specific behavior of any user, because
thousands of users share one same location simultaneously to enjoy surfing the internet and the usage
pattern overlaps with thousands of other customers who also connected to the same location on the same day.
- Regarding to the sensitive data, we've engineered our systems to categorically eliminate the storage of
sensitive data. We never know HOW they have utilized our Service.
- We stand by our firm commitment to our customers' privacy by not possessing any data related to a user's
3. THE USE AND SHARING OF INFORMATION
How we use information
- We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- - Provide, operate, and maintain our Services;
- - Improve, personalize, and expand our Services;
- - Understand and analyze how you use our Services;
- - Develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- - Analytics. We collect minimal usage statistics and anonymized analytics data used for network
diagnostics in our network operations tools. Please see more information in Section 2 of this Privacy
- - Business Transfers. Information may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to any potential acquirer,
successor, or assignee as part of any proposed merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or
similar transaction, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is
transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- - As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures. We may also share information to (i) satisfy any applicable
Service, including investigation of potential violations hereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address
fraud, security, or technical issues; (iv) respond to your requests; or (v) protect our rights, property or
safety, our users and the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and
organizations for fraud protection and spam/malware prevention.
- - With Your Consent. We may share information with your consent.
4. SECURITY MEASURES
- Vault VPN is committed to protecting your information. We use best-in-class physical, procedural, and technical security with respect to our offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of information. Access to user information is restricted to staff who require such access to perform their job functions.
- While we believe these systems are robust, it is important to understand that no data security measures in the world can offer 100% protection.
- Servers are housed in data centers with strong security practices. None of these data centers require us to collect or store any traffic data or personal information related to your use of VPN services. If any data center were to ask us to log such data, we would immediately cease operations with said data center and find alternative options.
- Even if a government were to physically seize one of our VPN servers and manage to break its disk encryption, there would be no logs or information that would tie any individual user to a particular event, website, or behavior.
5. THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
- You may access other third-party services while using the VPN services, for example by clicking on links to those third-party services from within the Services. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of these third-party services, and we encourage you to carefully review their privacy policies.
- When you become one of our users for the VPN services, you may access certain information associated with you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you decide not to use our VPN services any more, any public activity on your Account prior to deletion may remain stored on our servers and may remain accessible to the public.
- To protect your privacy and security, we may also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before updating or removing your information. The information you provide us may be archived or stored periodically by us according to backup processes conducted in the ordinary course of business for disaster recovery purposes. Your ability to access and correct your information may be temporarily limited where access and correction could: inhibit our ability to comply with a legal obligation; inhibit our ability to investigate, make or defend legal claims; result in disclosure of personal information about a third party; or result in breach of a contract or disclosure of trade secrets or other proprietary business information belonging to us or a third party.
7. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY POLICIY